April 15, 2009

Shopaholic on the loose!!

Today will be my last day in Gold Coast for I am going back early morning tomorrow. I remembered wrongly and thought i was going back on Thursday midnight and reaching KL on Friday afternoon when actually it's on Thursday wee morning, reaching KL Thursday noon. Everything turned last minute and our plan to Movie World had to be cancel. *shitty* And therefore, I had only 2days to shop before I go back.

All the shops were finally re-opened yesterday and we managed to do a little shopping in Brisbane's duty free factory outlets called DFO. FYI: the shops here closes at 5pm and because we woke up late (as usual), we had to rushed our way there and drive through MCD for lunch in the car. The menu in Australia is slightly different than Malaysia's MCD (y other countries always seem to have nicer menu than us?!) Korea have Pork Burger, HK have Ebi Prawn Burger, and Australia have... Double Beef Bacon Burger!! Sounds yummy huh? And it does taste as good as the name sounds. And because it's sooo good, I had it again for lunch today. Hahaaha!! They also have Frozen Coke or Coke Beku. It's more like 7-11's slurpies and it also reminded me of the Coke Beku my primary school used to sell, how I'll buy it in the canteen everyday after school and how I have to hit it on the wall or the staircase to break the ices inside in the bottle. *Refreshing* Yesterday was not much of a shopping spree since we only went to 1 factory outlet. I didn't manage to sapu alot of things because the shops there are mainly local brands and i ended up buying only some lingeries - an 1hr plus drive to Brisbane and all i bought was just 2 nighties and a few undies. wtf!~ By dinner time, we went to a Taiwanese restaurant and I was SO hungry i gobbled up everything and then only remember "Oh shit! I forgot to take pictures of the food!" Oh.. and also, they have pretty nice bubble tea there too. There aren't much pictures of yesterday's event because when it comes to shopping, I just tend to forget about everything else (even though it's just lingerie shopping). And that's why, I'm combining yesterday's and today's shopping spree details - into one blog. Enjoy!~


Double beef and bacon burger.. only at MCD Australia


Ladies and gentlemen, let me demonstrate to you how delicious it looks and tastes like when i bite it and a mixture of mustard and tomato sauce spilling out the side of the burger. *slurp*



Finally get to snap a picture of my cheesecake's chef + my sis's housemate: Nat


The inside of DFO - i doesn't know what's the full name for it but it's nearby Brisbane Airport


"My 2nd Home" Taiwanese restaurant. They have recorded updated taiwanese programmes and also taiwanese magazines. Boss, staffs, and customers are majority taiwanese too.


Bubble tea.. simply bubblistic!!~

The after picture of my dish... hahaha.. nak jugak take although I've already finished eating it. stewpid me. >.<" A little something to splurge on myself.


This was how we ended the night. Gold Coast could be pretty boring at night. All cafes closes latest by 12am. No yumcha section here and that's the only thing I like about Malaysia = 24hrs mamak.. or OldTown.
And here are what we did and where we went today:
First stop: Harbour Town. Another factory outlet in Gold Coast. Didn't take the picture of the main entrance, so i put my ownself instead... boleh lah...

My new favorite Charles&Keith sunnies~

Curi-curi take picture while my sis's trying out her clothes inside POLO changing room. Kekee!


Can't help it when i see a big mirror in front of me with nice lighting, sowie.


Look!~ I spotted a big woofie!!~

And a small woofie!! They're here to shop too!


Hey, say hie to the woofers out there..

Next stop: Pacific Fair Shopping Mall


Yo yo! Sisters with shades in dha house! (perasan hip hop)

Guess what i'm eating?

Krispy Kreme doughnuts are like J.Co in Malaysia. People queue up like crazy just to get a bite of it. And i still prefer J.CO over this 'coz this original glazed is too sweet for me. I heard they're opening in Times Square soon, you guys can go try it.

I have FINALLY found the MAC Hello Kitty Collection's grey nail polish!! It costed me slightly more expensive than Malaysia but it's worth it because it's completely out of stock all over Malaysia!~

Oh yea~ oh yea~
(doing the chicken little dance)

What i had sapu-ed during this whole trip. If only i got more time... *sigh*



One happy "tourist"
My sis trying to cook me Thai fried rice after she had watched and learnt it from YouTube. Erm.. doesn't sound convincing to me. But what to do, she's my sister and who else but me to be her white mice.


Sabotaged a little.

TADAA!! It's as tasteless as how it looks like, but the taste of sisterhood blended warmly into the rice and melted sweetly into my throat. I'll always eat whatever my sister cook for me, and no matter how bad it taste it'll still taste good to me. I lup you sis!


The whole of Gold Coast night view. Amazing.


Last stop: Broad Beach. Sitting at the beach at night, listen to the crushing sounds of the waves, the bright moon shining at us from above, the stars competing with each other to be the shinest bling, my shadow in front of me - dark - like my future road ahead; there'll be ups and downs - like the tides; but there will be nothing to worry about for the moon and the stars will shine their brightest to show and guide me the way, so i won't be blinded by the darkness and can't find the way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment