December 10, 2012

Central Europe - Post 1

Yes, while you think that my blog was dead.. it is now alive once again! This is somehow my first post for the year 2012, written on the last month of the year 2012 as well.. how wtf ridiculous it is. This is all a huge thank you to Amigo.my for sponsoring my trip to Central Europe so i can have the chance to make my blog alive once again. THANK YOU AMIGO! It is an honor to write for you people!

Amongst all the amazingly cheap travel deals available in their website, 8days 5nights Central Europe is one of their top selling travel deal. I was lucky enough to be given the privilege to follow their tour that departed on the 10th November. Flying with Ethihad Airlines, we departed from KLIA at 8.30pm continued with a what seems to be like forever 8hours flight to reach Abu Dhabi Airport for transit. Must i point out that i had a suffering first half of the journey because i was seated next to a XXXXXXXL negro who took up half of my seat's space and i'm like cramped up with the remaining half of my seat.. FOR FREAKING 8HOURS! Then, another 7hours journey to reach our destination, DUSSELDORF. Thank god the other half was a comfy journey and i could have a good rest, I swear i couldn't feel my ass the moment i reached Dusseldorf.

We reached our destination approximately around 8AM local time and we were all so uber tired from the long hours flight. From air to land, we then sat for another hour plus bus journey to our first destination from the itinerary -  Cologne, where the largest Cathedral Church in Germany is.

I was mesmerized by the unique beauty of the church the moment i laid my eyes on it. It is just so breathtaking! The whole structure, the architectures are so detailed like every crafting has a story behind it. Oh, and I was very lucky to be able to witness a huge parade going on at Cologne that morning too. I don't know what parade was it although everyone was dressed up in all sorts of quirky costumes, and it wasn't a Halloween parade. The locals who attended the parade were very hyped up and can see that they really took alot of effort to dress up for the parade. There were bunches of Minnie Mouses, Swat teams, Camouflaged soldiers, Animals, Mushroom heads, Marios, u name it they have it. All of them are singing and enjoying themselves with all at least a bottle of beer in their hand at 9am in the morning. Yes, 9AM IN THE MORNING and they are getting themselves high in alcohol already.

The spectacular Catheral Church of Cologne. Breathtaking isn't it? This picture is 100% unedited and yet it looked so surreal, just like a beautiful painting.

 
Please do ignore my makeup-less tired face.
 
This is what i call "People mountain people sea" XD
                          The animal category from the parade. How many 'animals' can you spot?
 
Woohoooo!! Minnie mouse in the haos! I want their costume so badly!!

This is me making an attempt to ask them for a picture..

Succeed!! I kind of blend in too... lol!
 
This Avatar couple is one of my favourites. They really took the effort to color themselves blue. Thumbs up for the both of them!


The Sesame Street category. I wonder where they find such cute Cookie Monster costume. The costume even come in different designs for male and female. How cool is that! Why Malaysia no have such cute costumes!?
 
Sis with the macho SWAT team. She chose this because she thinks she blends in with them. =.=||




These are the random categories of costumes.
 

Woofies spotted!! Woof woof!!
 
"Hello this is Superman. I need help, there's no more money in my account"
 
 
Surprisingly most of the shops are close on Sundays. According to the Starbucks barista, he said all the shops are closed on Sundays in Germany. Who cares, as long as Starbucks is open can adi. Hahahaha!
 
 After lunch, we continued our journey to our next destination - Amsterdam. It was almost night time when we reached Dams Square for dinner.

Bicycles are the main transportation in Europe. I believe mainly because it is environmental friendly and it is very convenient. If I ever get a bicycle and make it as my transportation I bet i'd die a horrible death on the road.
 
Finally bunking in for the night! I love our hotel in Amsterdam. Ramada Appollo Hotel is a new hotel and i love it because their room and facilities are all very good. Best of all they have FREE WIFI and their speed is fast too!


The hotel's cafe for breakfast. Love their concept and love their breakfast too! One of the best hotel breakfast i've ever taken. And you can enjoy the beautiful morning scenery while nom-ing on your breakfast. Perfect kick start for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment